Thursday, November 26, 2009

Parsley-Tongue

  I *sigh* ate all the fresh veggies we had, save a carrot, so I had some ryvita crackers... this is the only part of being raw that gets to me(well, except the whole detox symptom part, lol) is when you run out and need to do a shop... I mean, this whole working in England thing is great but getting paid *once a month* reeeeeeallly sucks, but I' ok with it( I have to be)! And from what I hear its very common. In America you'd have a hard time finding employees at all... for instance, I waited 7 weeks for my first paycheck!! ... I know! But I need to keep positive, let it flow and not worry so much..... *money comes to me easily and frequently*
  Anyway, I woke up feelin' good so we cleaned the house a bit before the landlord came to fix the security lights. Someone thought it would be cool to siphon off and steal our heating oil out of the big tank on the side of the house, left us with less than half an inch of oil in there to heat the house and hot water! >:( So, anyway we've got the oil-filler-upper-people coming at 10 am tomorrow and we'll finally have heat again woohoo!
   And on a lighter note, we've shopped, and I made the best salad based on parsley I've ever tasted! It went a little something like this:

one small handful of curly leafed parsley
one small handful of flat leafed parsely
half of a small handful(I basically eyed the amounts) of cilantro(or coriander for my uk peeps)
1 medium avocado
2 tablespoons of cold-pressed xtra virgin olive oil
cayenne pepper to taste
half to one whole teaspoon of ground cumin (I like a lot of it)
sea salt to taste

smoosh(technical term) the avocado w/ the oil and salt and spices, then mix in the greens...
If you're transitioning you can add some organic brown or wild rice, maybe, as long as 51% is made up of raw veg...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment