Monday, February 15, 2010

Things That I've Found Difficult Being on the Raw Path and What I've Learned..... PART 2

 Cont'd...

6. The Detoxification Process
  • Now, the 'Healing Crisis' is a little hard to take... but as long as you keep taking your mineral supplements you won't have to worry and assume that what you're feeling is a mineral or vitamin deficiency or that you're dying, because you're not! I've realized I can get through it if I keep myself mineralized and get a colonic or, if you're poor like me, eat lots of organic fruit like apples... apples have LOTS of pectin and helps your body clear out the waste products in the colon...  If you don't clear out your colon the best you can during this process then those waste products from your liver can end up in your blood and thicken it into something almost like a sludge... this happened to me. That's why I kept feeling my extremeties getting numb, I could also feel 'things' flowing in my blood... that may not have been the case but that's what it felt like.  I believe the order for cleansing is: Colon, Kidneys then Liver. I am NOT an expert, I'm still learning, and doing so by experience. You can find out more about the healing crisis here, and here and here.
7. Getting off of Wheat and/or Bread!!
  • This is, I believe, the HARDEST thing to try to do. Almost everything is made of bread or wheat. It's just WHEAT WHEAT WHEAT(and corn and soy) all over the place! I never knew how when, before, I could eat so healthy and yet be fluffy in the middle with that womanly 'pooch' on the stomach... since cutting out wheat and other grains(as well as sugar)  I've gotten rid of the pooch, the air bloated-ness and have felt clear headed and actually 'awake'. I believe this also maybe due to candida... There is a whole lot of info about candida, just google it(or use scroogle.org if you can't stand google) or even watch some youtube videos on the subject (which google is slowly ruining)
  • So, why the wheat thing? Grains have been so inter-bread and hybrid-ized to a point that they're easy now to harvest(un-naturally with machines) and yet without the nutritional value they once had, if any. Gluten intolerance is SO MUCH MORE widespread than we think... I think at LEAST 80% of humans are suffering from gluten sensitivity and don't even know it!


Articles about wheat: RawFoodExplained, guardian.co.uk, celiac.com,

 
8.Getting off SUGAR!
  • This one's a doozy... Getting off of it is one battle.. but finding a suitable replacement is entirely another! Sugar itself can be ok in certain forms.. Organic Blackstrap Molasses is good because it's chock full of minerals, that is if you can still eat sugar. On the other hand the replacements of the past have turned out to be horribly toxic... Splenda(or sucralose), Aspartame(now renamed 'AminoSweet' and can now be labled as 'natural', so beware!), Saccharin(just, eeeww..), High-Fructose Corn Syrup (commonly genetically modified with an even bigger EEWW!) and whatever OTHER wool they try to pull over our eyes... baa-aa-aa... if it's made by a pharmaceutical company, or immediately approved by the FDA, I usually don't trust it. Agave used to be great, now there's a controversy about that, too! What's left?! Well, Stevia leaf and Stevia extract is still on my list as ok, (it's 30 times sweeter than sugar so you don't need to use a lot at all) Stevia isn't a sugar, or rather, the molecule doesn't end in '-ose'. Then there's Yacon Syrup. Yacon syrup is made of fructooligosaccharide, which cannot be absorbed by the body and is a prebiotic, meaning it feeds the good probiotic bacteria in the gut (WOOHOO!)
Well,  I have some house cleaning to do so I will see you cats later!  =^x^=

6 comments:

  1. Ok,so I love following your blog, but cannot find your first name anywhere. Hi I am Robin and You are? SMILE!

    Yours in Health, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog too! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, sorry! I'm Elizabeth Pelegrin, or just Lisa, nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    Another informative post. I didn't know that about yacon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I use stevia....SweetLeaf brand!

    ReplyDelete