Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Liquid Iron..

   Happy February everyone! It's the month of love and you don't need a significant other to celebrate love in all of it's forms! <3 Let's celebrate love by taking care of our hearts and giving it the oxygen and mineral rich blood that it needs... we do that and it will give us, and others, the love we need! So, about MY blood, as you've seen in a previous post, I've gotten a liquid iron supplement which seems to be helping immensely. It's not vegan because it contains honey and it's not from raw whole foods, I don't think, but only because I can be finacially challenged at times... which, since I only have 2 teaspoons per day, I don't think it really matters if it's made from whole foods as long as it is a higher quality supplement. I'm not going by the 100% RAW rule, because if I start with rules that are, in my head, made to be unbreakable, then I will fail... and I refuse to fail, so I am not going to set myself up to do so! HA!

   Anyway, the iron supplement is called Feroglobin, and it contains iron, zinc, vitamin c, and B-complex... it has made a remarkable difference because it also contains some trace minerals that also help with blood formation. That time of the month, when Aunt Ruby visits, is a LOT more tolerable and the panic attacks are getting fewer and far between, and with shorter durations and milder symptoms... so it IS working. WOOHOO!

   Iron supplement PILLS have not been as effective for me.. Their benefits are barely noticable. When I ran out of the iron pills my doc gave me I felt the low iron and attacks within about 48 hours, but when taking this stuff and then running out, it took more than a week to feel the effects of low iron again, and by that time I got my package in the mail. I will be eating iron and mineral rich whole foods still and taking the 2 teaspoons per day as long as I can until my iron stores are back to optimum levels... not just good enough, but OPTIMUM levels. We should never settle for "good enough". Saying that, I am still looking into getting this Angstrom Iron as well as the Angstrom minerals because anemia is a deficiency and getting minerals is extremely important, but this will do for now and it's much easier on my wallet really, lol..

2 comments:

  1. "I refuse to fail, so I am not going to set myself up to do so! HA!"

    **LOVE THIS**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yo so much for sharing the helpful information. To be essential for growth. Fats and carbohydrates can not replace, it does not contain nitrogen.

    ReplyDelete