Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just Thought I'd Say...

I almost forgot how great Alissa Cohen was... I FINALLY got around to watching her Living On Live Food DVD (see below) and was happy to see that she used the food processor for 95% of her food prep. I've been thinking about #4 of my 'Things I've Found Difficult' list... I like that the food processor is one of those things that isn't too expensive, if at all, and yet is so versatile. Mine was less than £20 and comes with a citrus juicer attachment(among others, hehe) AND a rubber spatula, hehe *woohoo!* I REALLY want to try her mock tuna with the sprouts... I would just like to get a hold of some raw Kelp powder... Alissa makes everything on her DVD look so easy and after watching it I don't understand now why I thought RAW was difficult, lol..  I did make a 'something' the other day, don't know what to call it, but it was 2 carrots in the FP, 5-6 sprigs of parsely, garlic, onions and sun-dried tomatoes and I WISHED I had some lettuce to wrap it in, but I just ate it out of the bowl *teehee* It was GOOD! Saying that, I must admit I haven't been very good today because we do need to go shopping... I've got lots of bananas and apples, dates, raisins, parsley and cilantro and onions... there's only so much you can make with that :/... ;) and I'm over carrots right now... I've tried processing bananas & apples together, and, well, did I like it? .... not so much, lmao ... I still ate it, I hate wasting food ;) I did, however aquire a sprouting jar which my lovely sister-in-raw gave me(Thank you!!) and I've got some alfalfa sprouting in it already!! You can see the teeny root feet coming out of the seeds, lol.. I can still make a smoothie, although I am out of Maca :((( ... sorry, I just LOVE the stuff!! I've been through 1 1/2 kilos of it since December!! I'm telling you it's amazing!

Well, that's it for me for tonight, gonna watch a flick with mah hubby! ♥ U!



2 comments:

  1. Alyssa, not only makes it look easy, but the food looks so beautiful.

    I'm spouting a few items too. Just made my first lentil salad mixed with a few aduzki beans. I have no idea what to pair it with, but anyhhoo, it is not bad.

    The great thing about raw foods is that we can create whatever our taste buds like and it will be delish...well sometimes..lol I've made some not so tasty dishes.

    I am loving Maca too.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I want to try sprouted lentils... still trying to find out where to find things here in the UK, lol.. ='x'=

    ReplyDelete